Sponsorship provides an excellent means of broadening your competitive edge by improving your company's image, prestige and credibility through the support of local events that your target market finds attractive. In recent years, sponsorship has become the fastest growing type of marketing in the United States.
Part of this growth can be attributed to the increasing numbers of small and medium-sized businesses involved. Previously, only large businesses could afford to sponsor cause marketing. Today smaller companies are sponsoring everything from local baseball and softball teams to fairs, festivals and expos as an effective method of boosting their visibility in their community. Sponsorships help these companies to enhance their public profile relatively cheaply.
Experts in the field tout a broad spectrum of benefits that can be gained by sponsorship.
• Differentiating the company from competitors
• Helping to develop better relationships with customers, both existing and potential ones
• Showcasing services and products
• Heightened visibility due to positive publicity through the media
• Opportunities to gauge customer response to products immediately
• Opportunity to be linked with the Chamber while supporting a worthwhile business or community event
Download and review the Sponsorship Opportunities Information Packet to find the one that offers the promotion and visibility that would best suit your company. With the wide range of exposure opportunities offered you're sure to find something to fit your budget and goals.