Board of Directors Application
The Orion Area Chamber of Commerce is now accepting 2024 Board of Director Application Forms for a three-year term beginning on January 2024 through December 2026. Serving on the Chamber Board of Directors is a rewarding and important responsibility with unique aspects associated with governing a volunteer, membership organization.
The Chamber Board of Directors serve in a volunteer capacity. Board of Directors meetings are held the last Thursday of each month at 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM at the Chamber Office located in the Orion Center. Board Meetings are held nine times per year.
Interested individuals must be a Chamber member in good standing for a minimum of one year. Application Forms must be submitted by the deadline on Tuesday, October 31st at 4:00 PM. All applications will be reviewed by the Board Nominating Committee. The successful candidates for the six 2024-2026 vacancies will be notified no later November 17th, 2023.
Responsibilities of a Board of Director:
- Board members agree to act in the best interest of the Chamber and act honestly, fairly, ethically and with integrity
- To conduct themselves in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner
- Advocate for the business community
- Be a team player and consensus builder
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, bylaws, policies and the code of ethics
- Accept the legal duties of loyalty and care while serving as a board member
- Have open communication with the President and CEO regarding Board Meeting absences, professional and personal conflicts, etc.
- Make effort to participate in the Chamber’s Signature events, Ribbon Cuttings, Golf Fundraisers, and Networking Events when possible
- Serve in an advisory capacity to staff and members as requested
- Board members are strongly encouraged to be active on one of the various Chamber committees.
Please complete the Board of Director Application Google Doc. Click Here for Link to Document.
or print the Application Form by clicking on the thumbnail below and send to email@example.com
About the Orion Area Chamber of Commerce…
The Orion Area Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to creating a healthy local economy and building a strong environment for economic growth and stability. In ongoing efforts to achieve this lofty goal, we represent business to government, coordinate educational forums, host networking events, advocate for business-friendly legislation, and promote community.
The Chamber is a 501 (c) (6) non-profit organization, funded through chamber membership investments, sponsors, and fundraisers. We are a passionate team of 11 volunteer Board of Directors, 2 paid staffers, and 300+ enthusiastic members that generously share their time, talents, and treasures. Together we are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in the Orion area and are proud to offer an energetic and friendly environment in which businesses can joyfully flourish!
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Joyce Donaldson, President and CEO at 248.693.6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.