The Orion Area Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to facilitating community leadership to create economic prosperity. That leadership begins with you, our members. We welcome the chance to work with you on important issues that will shape our area’s future prosperity. From education to small business, community relations to business recruitment, Chamber involvement is a great way to connect your company with the local community, build a positive reputation and network to expand your resources. Members who participate on committees quickly learn that there are strong benefits to their chamber membership. Not only do committees allow them to build relationships with other business leaders, they also find opportunities to further their business interests.
This committee welcomes new members, attends ribbon-cuttings and grand openings for new businesses and helps recruit new members. Meetings are held the last Wednesday of every month, 1 pm at rotating restaurants belonging to the Chamber. Ambassadors receive updates on new area businesses and plan ongoing new member recruitment strategies.
Priority Area 1: Revenue Growth
- Build the capacity of the chamber
- Offer competitive programs for our members
- Increase revenue
- Increase engagement among members
- Add exclusive membership features
- Add discounted pricing
Priority Area 2: Marketing
- Develop a shop local campaign
- Engage with the township to demonstrate leadership
- Promote the chamber on social media
- Engage members in social media activities, offer more advertising opportunities, recognition and loyalty programs, and active surveys
Priority Area 3: Events
- Create a health expo to engage this emerging business sector and address a community need
- Grow the business expo to increase awareness of area businesses and their contributions to area employment and quality of life
- Recognize businesses for their community contributions at an annual event
- Offer more meaningful networking events to foster relationships
For more information about any chamber committees or to become involved contact Kim Urbanowski, Executive Director at (248) 693-6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.