Fall Educational Workshop Series: Session A
The Orion Area Chamber will host an educational workshop on Tuesday, September 19th, 9 AM – 11:30 AM at the Orion Center in Lake Orion. Topics of discussion include: SBA 101 and Leveraging Partnerships with grants. The workshop is targeted towards business professionals, entrepreneurs, and non-profit organizations. The workshop is sponsored by: The Lake Orion Review.
The SBA is a federal agency dedicated to helping small businesses get started, grow and sustain visibility. Lender Relation Specialist, Latifa Bradwell from the U.S. Small Business Administration will discuss:
- Access to Capital and financing options – SBA Loans
- Government contracting programs including resource partner engagement
- Crisis assistance through disaster financing
- Entrepreneurial development and counseling resources
- Resource Partner Network including support, advice, and guidance
The Four County Community Foundation services Oakland, Lapeer, St. Clair, and Macomb Counties. Executive Director Kathy Dickens will share her experience in utilizing grants to fill needs or gaps for educational entities and non-profit organizations.
- Smart Goals and Objectives, how to get ready for grants
- Sources - where to look for grants
- Typical sections of a grant - information needed to apply
- Grant management and reporting
- Tips or writing a successful proposal
“We are excited to offer this relevant and beneficial Educational Workshop featuring two Funding Specialists that will share their insights and expertise on how to obtain business loans and organization grants.” states Joyce Donaldson, President and CEO of the Orion Area Chamber of Commerce. “The Workshop is a golden opportunity for entrepreneurs, business professionals, and non-profit leaders to learn about the various resources available to start, grow, and sustain their business or organization”.
The Orion Center is located at: 1335 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, MI 48360
Registration is required.
Free for Members. Non-Member Cost is $15. Includes: Continental Breakfast and School Supplies & Resources