The Science Behind the Vaccine: Once Vaccinated, What's Next?
Healthcare experts provide a COVID-19 vaccine overview with an update on recent findings, new emerging details, and why it is safe (or not for certain people) to receive. Your questions answered plus:
- When does the immunity kick in and how long does it last after getting the vaccine?
- Can you still catch COVID-19 and infect others?
- Does the vaccine work against mutations?
- What’s been common (or not so common) side effects to be aware of?
- Once I get the vaccine, if I get sick, how do I know if I actually have COVID or am just having side effects?
- What is the timeline and how do I figure out where I go to get it?
Dr. Nicholas Gilpin, DO, Chief Medical Officer, Beaumont Grosse Pointe and System Medical Director
Bart Buxton, PhD, President & CEO, McLaren Health Care
Dr. Fabian Fregoli, Chief Medical Officer, St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
This event is a partnership with the Orion Area Chamber of Commerce, the Auburn Hills Chamber of Commerce and the Clarkston Area Chamber of Commerce.